Ergonomics > Laptop Ergonomics > Tips for Proper Ergonomic Laptop Use
Laptop Ergonomics-Tips for Relaxed Position:
Learn about Laptop Ergonomics tips to maintain a relaxed, neutral posture that reduces stress and strain to your muscles by:
- Position the Laptop Ergonomics keyboard at elbow height, and keep you wrists straight while keying.
- Experiment with table and chair height as well as Laptop Ergonomics keyboard angle to maintain neutral wrist positions.
- Keep your head and neck in a relaxed posture; avoid excessive neck flexion or rotation.
- Schedule mini-breaks every 20 to 30 minutes to avoid repetition and static positions.
- If you have to raise your chair, use a footrest to support your feet. When seated your hips should be slightly higher than your knees.
- Add an external Laptop Ergonomic keyboard and place it on an adjustable Laptop Ergonomics keyboard/mouse platform.
- Attach an external Laptop Ergonomics mouse instead of using the small constricted touchpad or trackball.
- If you are sitting in a side chair or couch, use a pillow to support your arms while keying.
- Avoid resting your wrists while typing. Keep your wrists as flat as possible. Use whole hand and arm movements to navigate the Laptop Ergonomics keyboard. Avoid bending your neck and head forward to see the screen. This is the way to arrange your seating posture to avoid Ergonomic Laptop disorders.
- Clean the screen regularly using appropriate antistatic cleaning fluid.
- Your hands and wrists should be kept in a straight wrist posture when typing and should not be resting on a palm rest, table or lap while typing. This can cause you Ergonomics Laptop disorders.
- Place the Laptop on a stand, book or other surface that raises it to a height that you can see the screen without having to bend or rotate your neck.