- Try to vary your tasks and Office Ergonomics, so that you get ample time to recover from the outcome of your activity. Different ways are being practiced to provide recovery time for overused muscles.
- Design your Ergonomic Office in such a way that you can easily change your working postures according to your convenience. It is always safe to select adjustable furniture for the workstation that allows you to shift to different seated postures every time you want to. This helps different muscle groups to provide support while others rest.
- Your work area should be spacious enough to let you use the mouse with either hand alternately. Thus the tendons and muscles of the free hand get enough relaxation.
- Reduce your dependence on the mouse and use more of shortcut keys. For example, you can use Ctrl+S to save, Ctrl+P to print etc. Certain jobs do require more dependence on the mouse. Users in such professions should learn to use more shortcut keys.
- Jobs that involve more repeated tasks or prolonged static postures may lead to muscular strain. The users should forcefully take several short breaks or relaxed pauses. The users should stand, stretch, and move around during such breaks. This increases blood circulation and gives enough time for the muscles to relax.
- Try to mix computer tasks and non-computer tasks alternately in all possible situations. T his encourages the movement of different parts of the body by using different muscle groups.
Office Ergonomic Disorder-Medical Awareness and Training
Probable Risks of Office Ergonomics Disorder
Most of the users neither get a chance to go through a proper training to identify the risks and hazards of Office Ergonomics nor do they realize effective work practices designed to reduce these hazards of Office Ergonomics. Such people have more chances of getting affected because of their ignorance.
Even though disorders like Ergonomic problems affect them, they are not medically aware of the signs and symptoms and hence do not notice or address such issues. For instance, users who don’t realize the hazards of awkward postures while working on the computer don’t know how to take care of their pains and strains. Delay in realizing and diagnosing such discomforts may lead to severe injury.
Feasible Solutions of Office Ergonomics Disorder
Everybody who uses computers is bound to acquire training on general Office Ergonomics awareness based on the following issues:
They should get trained on the aspects related to all the computer components exclusively, that generally increase discomfort or risk of injury
They should be made aware of the different signs and symptoms of all kinds of discomforts caused by continuous computer usage so that they can identify these from the beginning and treat with appropriate medications.
They should be given enough information on the methods of using and adjusting all the computer components correctly as well as the environmental factors.