Home > Ergonomic Desk Chair
Ergonomic Desk Chair
Ergonomic desk chair is that chair that will ensure correct posture to the users who work long hours while sitting. Ergonomic desk chair is a solution to the problems like back pain, Repetitive strain injury and Carpal tunnel syndrome, which are caused mainly due to the awkward postures.
Ergonomic desk chairs should allow the user to control and adjust the keyboard and mouse independent of each other. An ergonomic desk chair supports every user and provides a comfortable posture to sit in. Working for long hours will produce back problems.
So, it is important to have ergonomic desk chairs which support the lower back and promotes good postures.
Ergonomic Desk Chair Tips:
- The seat height of the ergonomic desk chair should be easily adjustable.
- The seat height should be 16 to 21 inches from the floor. This allows the user to have his feet flat on the floor, with arms thighs horizontal and arms even to the height of the desk.
- The armrest of the ergonomic desk chair should allow the user to rest his arms comfortably and allow relaxed shoulders.
- The material of the ergonomic desk chair should be having enough padding allowing the user to sit comfortably for extended periods of time.
- Back Seat of the ergonomic desk chair should be 12 to 19 inches wide. The ergonomic desk chair should support the natural curve of the spine. A special attention should be given to the lumbar region of the ergonomic desk chair.
- If the ergonomic desk chair has the backrest and the seat as single piece, then it should be forward and backward adjustable and if the ergonomic desk chair has separate seat and backrest, then it should be height and angle adjustable.
- Lumbar support i.e. the lower back of the ergonomic desk chair is very important. An ergonomic desk chair should have a both height and depth adjustments, so that each user can get a good support to the inward curve of the back.
- The seat width and depth of the ergonomic desk chair should support every user comfortably.
- The seat of the ergonomic desk chair should be 17 to 2 inches wide and should be enough so that the user can sit with his back against the backrest of the ergonomic desk chair while leaving 2 to 4inches between the seat of the chair and back of the chair.